1. It is curious that Stephen Koziatek feels almost as though he has to justify his efforts to give his students a better future.
句子分析：句子主干为It is curious. 其中It为形式主语，真正的主语为that引导的定语从句。从句中含有as though 引导的方式状语从句, as though意为“好像，正如”，efforts后面非谓语动词to do形式表示目的。
2. He is a teacher at a New Hampshire high school where learning is not something of books and tests and mechanical memorization, but practical.
句子分析：句子主干为He is a teacher. 句中at a New Hampshire为地点状语，school后为关系副词where引导的定语从句，从句中learning 为主语，is为系动词，系动词之后not…but…将表语成分连接起来。
3. When did it become accepted wisdom that students should be able to name the 13th president of the United States but be utterly overwhelmed by a broken bike chain?
句子分析：When引导的特殊疑问句式，句中 wisdom后that引导的非限制性定语从句，从句中students为主语，谓语动词为should be able to name以及but be overwhelmed，but表示转折关系。
4. But the headlong push into bachelor’s degrees for all – and the subtle devaluing of anything less – misses an important point:That’s not the only thing the American economy need.
句子分析：and并列名词短语，为句子主语。句中and…less为插入语，misses为主干谓语。冒号后面是对前面句子的解释说明。而the…need为省略了关系代词that的从句修饰the only thing，先行词the only thing 为need的宾语。
5. In other words, at a time when the working class has turned the country on its political head, frustrated that the opportunity that once defined America is vanishing, one obvious solution is staring us in the face.
句子分析：句子主干为one solution is staring us。主句前为关系副词when引导的定语从句，从句中has turned和frustrated为并列谓语。Frustrated后面为that 引导的宾语从句，从句中嵌套从句，that…America从句修饰opportunity。
6. There is a gap in working-class jobs, but the workers who need those jobs most aren’t equipped to do them.
句子分析：句子主干为There is a gap, there be句型开头，而but后表示转折，who引导的定语从句修饰workers。
英语二Text 1考查的核心语法点为：定语从句 补充其他语法点：宾语从句;特殊句式—嵌套、倒装。