1) Of all American cities, San Francisco is considered by many to be by far the most beautiful.
2) Jobs and work do much more than most of us realize to provide happiness and contentment.
3) We are much less conscious of the extent to which work provides the more crucial(关键)psychological well-being that can make the difference between a full and an empty life.
4) Work is more than a necessity for most human beings; it is the focus of their lives, the source of their identity and creativity.
5) Rather than a punishment or a burden, work is the opportunity to realize one’s potential.
6) Few pastimes bring a family closer together than gathering around and listening to mother or father read good story
7) Man differs most from all the other animals in his ability to learn and use language but we still do not know exactly how this is done.
8) Generally speaking(In general), young people are less conservative(保守)than old people.
9) The way the brain works is far more complicated than they had thought.
10) The more scientists find out, the more questions they are unable to answer.
11) Many Americans choose to travel by car rather than by any other means of transportation.
12) Worse perhaps was the idea of Saturday afternoon cricket.
13) There is no surgical patient I cannot treat competently, treat just as well as or better that any other surgeon.
14) Social customs are different from what they used to be fifty years ago.
15) He has to feel that he’s good as and probably better than any other surgeon in the world.
16) Behavior which may be considered quite strange in one culture is often looked upon as completely normal in another.
17) It is as hard to pass her by without giving her some money as it is to ignore the collection box in church.
18) It is as morally hard to turn her away as it is a lost dog.
19) Attitudes towards daydreaming are changing in much the same way that attitudes towards night dreaming have changed.
20) We accept the authority of our parents when we are young, but as we mature we may begin to question their advice.